Flickr Stream

My photostream.

Sunday, 1 April 2012

Things that are totally interesting.

First and foremost; Game Of Thrones season 2 premiers tomorrow. Balls to the walls I am excited. The only problem being is that I have read the books and know what happens, but things are about to launch into bizarre. I am excited because this is probably one of the greatest adaptations of any written material, period. I think it is a good example of what is possible in terms of creating the same experience in a different medium. I think more books should be adapted as a series rather than features. Mainly because novels or series rely so heavily on character development that 1 or 2 hours is really not enough to fully explore potentional.

I'm currently watching Louis Theroux's doco on exotic pet ownership in the United states. It is insane. Who wants to keep a lion or tiger as a pet? Despite an argument of nurture v. nature, its batshit to own or think that you have control over something that could (potentially) grow to 5 times your weight and ultimately much stronger than you. These animals while beautiful and exotic are still animals. They still have their place and positions in a natural habitat and I still think zoo's have a misappropriated sense of human gratification and greed. I don't know.

I am tired and sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment