We handed our final walk cycles in today. Mostly things went well, there were some really obvious things I missed that given more time (or you know if I hadn't of missed a week being sick). But hey, that doesn't matter. We can have a killer time regardless. I did my best.
Other than that - the first two episodes of Game of Thrones season 2 have been released and they are amazing. Although the first episode was somewhat slow I understand that was to introduce the extensive new additions to the cast and that really is necessary to understand what is going on. The second episode outlines what is going on in the extended regions, and explores many of the characters current ambitions and reasoning behind their endeavours.
The other day I got ask what my favourite 'animation' or 'animated feature' was. I just starred absent mindedly off to the distance. But now I think about it, there is probably really only two clear examples of what I consider to be amazing.
Firstly there is Destino a beautiful collaboration between two artists that wholly created their own niches in their specific fields. Disney and Dali did an amazing job with initiating some form of animation that wasn't purely geared toward making Disney money. It wasn't intended as a feature, but as an art form. That said, it wasn't completed for nearly 60 years. It blends both 3D and traditional animation techniques is something that is truly unique and I think if contemporary Disney realised this... their pieces could return to the timeless nature of their original pieces. I love it, everything about it is perfect. That said about disney films, they are still wonderful. I still really enjoy watching things like Hercules and Tarzan just because they both incorporate an interesting (despite being adaptations) narrative and it still mixes a bit of mischief and creativity.
The other that I really love is only a recently created piece is this advert for 'Good Books' and it is quite simply fantastic. It can be seen below.
That's all for this afternoon I suppose.
No comments:
Post a Comment